TSU Competitions 2020
In addition to the competitions previously cancelled up to the end of April, the Presidents Trophy at Richmond on 8th May will be postponed and hopefully arranged later in the year.
The 2020 4BBB matchplay knock out for the Ivor Smith Trophy has been cancelled.
It is hoped the Team Championship, scheduled for Sunday 31st May at Eaglescliffe will still go ahead, but this will depend on Government advice nearer the time.
The 2019/20 Winter Foursomes Finals day will be arranged when possible.
All Yorkshire Inter District matches and fixtures have been suspended until further notice and a further announcement will be made on or after 7th May, at the end of the current period of lockdown.
Proposal for the Wednesday Night League matches 2020.
For obvious reasons it will not be possible to run a competitive league under the current circumstances. The first match is due on 6th May and with there likely to be further restrictions after that a 14-fixture league is impossible however, the second half of the season holds out some hope, this is due to start on Wednesday 24th June.
After careful thought the Executive, with the approval of the clubs, propose the following: –
· Play all the fixtures from and including June 24th on Neutral Venues.
· After match hospitality to be suspended.
· Promotion and relegation to be limited one up and one down.
A complete fixture list has been prepared and apart from a few minor changes can be circulated if this proposal is accepted by the clubs. A few things to note: –
· No club will host more than 4 matches
· No club will play on the same neutral venue more than twice.
· Where possible travelling time has had an influence on the fixtures.
· The fixtures have been designed to match the current home fixture list; there are a few exceptions (3) where a club will be asked to host a fixture even if their own club are away.
In the case of a tie to decide championships/promotion or relegation the following will apply.
· The result of the match between the two clubs. If still a tie the points scored in that match by the scratch team, if still a tie the first three and then the first player. If still a tie the same sequence to the handicap section. Should a tie still prevail, the Executive will determine the result.
· All other rules remain the same.
The Match play qualifying and the Elizabeth Embroidery shall NOT be played this year. With only seven matches it is likely that several players will have identical points, normally in those circumstances the away points gained are used to decide the final result
Geoff Snowden (Wednesday Night League Secretary).
Proposal for the Senior League matches 2020
The first half of the season 27th April which was week (1) to 15th June week (7) has been cancelled.
Divisions 1 and 2 will play the second half of the season.
There are 8 teams in each division, each team playing each other once, thus 7 games.
This would mean a discrepancy in home and away fixtures some clubs 4 home and 3 away whilst others 3 home and 4 away, unfortunately this will need to be the situation in the “limited” league for this unprecedented situation the virus has caused.
The games will be played according to the TSU senior’s league rules EXCEPT for the following:
In the event INEOS GC cannot field a team, their matches each week will be defined as a “free game” in the league fixtures.
Stewart Hollins Seniors League Secretary
Richmond Oak Conservatories : 01323 91
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter
Twitter @union club
Any cheques please make payable to ‘Teesside Golf Union’
Click on link to open
Handbook down loadTSU Handbook 2015